Frequently Asked Questions
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the AAPM (MACAAPM) is a regional chapter of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine covering the District of Columbia, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and southern parts of West Virginia. The main purposes of the MACAAPM are:
- To promote the application of physics to medicine and biology.
- To prepare and distribute technical information in medical physics and related fields.
- To work collaboratively with AAPM and other chapters for the betterment of medical physics and related fields.
- Networking: The MACAAPM conducts one annual meetings (fall) that offer opportunities for professional networking with others interested in medical physics in the Mid-Atlantic area, as well with the sponsoring companies.
- Exchange Information/Experience: Through scientific and professional gatherings during the MACAAPM annual meetings.
- Contribute: Full members have the right to hold elective office, the right to vote, and the right to sit on committees.
The District of Columbia, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and southern parts of West Virginia
For questions about meeting agendas and details, or to request a talk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us an email at email@example.com. This will reach all the chapter officers and the appropriate person will respond.
New officers are elected each year! If you are interested in applying for a position please visit this page.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @trueMACAAPM
If you are interested in becoming more involved in the MACAAPM, you can:
- Apply to become a chapter officer (see “How do I become an officer?” above)
- Email email@example.com to volunteer as a non-officer to assist with chapter events and other chapter work
Most members pay their dues online during their AAPM membership renewal period. If you would like to pay your MACAAPM dues, visit the main AAPM chapter homepage and login to your AAPM account.
A call for abstract is typically sent out couple of weeks prior the meeting. Abstracts in the scientific and/or professional topics of medical physics are welcome and encouraged. Please adhere to AAPM abstract standards. Please visit the MACAAPM – Call for Abstracts page for more information.