MAC-AAPM 2014 Annual Meeting
October 10-11 (Friday – Saturday), 2014
The 2014 annual meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter will be held at the Leavey Center, Georgetown University, right in the cultural center of Washington, DC on October 10 and 11th (Friday & Saturday). The organizing committee has assembled great topics and speakers for this meeting and we hope you will join us for 2 days of engaging talks and excellent opportunity for professional networking!
With topics of current interest to the clinical medical-physics community and well-known invited speakers from leading institutions, we expect that this year’s annual meeting will both be relevant and exciting to our member community. This year’s focus will be on Practice Improvement in Radiation Oncology and Medical Physics which will feature topics such as;
- Process-Driven Quality Assurance
- Event Reporting for Practice Improvement
- Informatics and Analytics in Radiation Oncology
- Annual New Horizons Lecture
During the meeting, we will hold additional sessions and talks on;
- Proffered talks on current developments and novel technologies
- Annual New Horizons Lecture on Crew Resource Management by LifeWings Chairman and CEO Steve Harden.
- Professional symposium featuring speakers John Bayouth, PhD, FAAPM current AAPM president and Mahadevappa Mahesh, PhD, FAAPM to speak on the Evolving Professional Issues in Medical Physics.
We will also continue our tradition this year with the Young Investigator Symposium. Please encourage students, postdocs, and residents from your institution to participate in this symposium. In addition to the recognition, there will be monetary award given to best investigators.
Meeting Venue: Leavey Center, Georgetown University
Fall is the best time to visit Washington DC! Bring your family, stay over the weekend, and enjoy the various cultural attractions around Georgetown. The meeting venue, Leavey Center, has onsite guest rooms and the chapter has contracted with them to obtain reduced guestroom rate for meeting attendees (limited availability).